Wednesday 28 January 2009

Biased BBC

For some considerable time I have believed that the BBC was biased. The news no longer appears to me to be impartial. I wasn't sure if it was just due to me growing older and becoming more cynical. Perhaps the news had always been like that but I had just not noticed. Anyway, it would seem that I am not the only one to be disturbed by the journalistic integrity exhibited by the BBC.
In the same way that I would not expect an image in a newspaper to be enhanced in such a way to show something that had never existed. By that I mean something like the Iranian photo-shopped missiles. What then if an editor at the BBC spliced together different parts of Obama's inaugural speech, would that be ethical? Have a read of this article at Stinky Journalism and see what you think.
Incidentally, I love the word fauxdio suggested by the bloggers at The Pool Bar.

No comments: